Monday, July 12, 2010

Can I do it?

Tomorrow my darling sweet baby will be 3, not sure how this happened so fast, she was just born yesterday ...

I baked several cakes and cupcakes today, tomorrow I have the job of decorating. Summer wanted a princess castle cake and she is going to get a princess castle cake, along with some rainbow cupcakes because one cake wasn't going to feed everyone. I invited every single little friend she has and 24 children/toddler/babies are coming. Actually, every single person with a child I invited said they were coming. We are having her party at a bouncy house so hopefully it is less stressful than trying to have that many people in MY house. Yeah, I thought so too.

We started celebrating a bit today, we went to Olive Garden for dinner after we fixed our first ever highway flat tire, oh ya, more on that in a sec, and the staff at Olive Garden sang to my little girl. She was impressed and extremely happy. How could she not be?

I have a lot to do tomorrow, I hope everything works out like I want, I have to take measurements, pictures, frost cakes, and fix my tire, somehow transfer cupcakes and cakes to the bouncy house, buy ice for the drinks, fix myself up, fix up Summer, and probably something else.

Well, it will work somehow. Here is a picture of Summer from the past weekend, we went to her other little friends birthday and driving home Summer asked if she could have the purple/blue ring pop. I said yes and she got out of the car looking like this.


I brushed her teeth but not all of the blue came off and she woke up the next day still looking like that. Those ring pops should come with a warning.

Ok the flat tire, we were driving to Olive Garden and apparently I hit a chunk of tire in the road. I did not see this chunk of tire but I did hear it hit the car. Kris mentioned how dangerous hitting those chunks of tire can be and how they can cause you to get a flat. A few minutes later I hear this loud sound and said "aught oh I think I have a flat" as I pulled over to the side. Cars were speeding by going 70+ and we had a flat. It was around 6:00 PM and very hot, 110 at least and probably more on the highway. We had to get the cars manual out to find out how to find the spare tire, how to use the jack, etc. The road was so hot I had to use my passenger mat on the road so Kris could lean on it. We managed to change the tire in no time at all, maybe 15 minutes. Lucky too, any longer and we could have heat exhaustion! I asked Kris afterward how many tires he has changed and he said this was his first real flat tire change. Mine too and I have had at least 3 flats, the other two were kinda my fault, I hit a side of a bridge once and ran over a medium in heavy snow but anyway, it all worked out, we have a nice small donut on the car now, until tomorrow, have to get some new tires now!

Yeah - because I didn't have enough to do tomorrow!

No comments: