Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Little Things

It is the little things in life that make me happy, like this picture I came across on my flickr.

I love that picture almost as much as I love that little girl. Something else has me giggling ... hehe, lol, I am so excited! I called a friend who gave me names of her friends who I called, I got other names from those people, well needless to say it was a process trying to arrange a date and time when my daughter and friends could go sing Christmas songs at nursing homes! At a birthday party last night for one of Summer's friends who turned 5, awwww, we mentioned caroling in December and figured it would be easier to go to a nursing home so I called around. I have one "show" scheduled so far and 2 more to go. I have several songs to teach to Summer. Speaking of birthday parties, Summer got invited to a birthday party by one of her gym friends. Yup Summer has her own group of friends now, my child is so friendly and outgoing! 3 birthday parties already this month, one at the end of the month and now another next week, what does all that mean? A lot of yummy birthday cake!

Summer hasn't napped the last two days and I have come to realize two things, one - she really still needs her nap because come the evening she becomes annoying and moody, and two - it is a good way to get her to take pictures, which is not a good reason to skip naps but when she asked if she could get up after she spent an hour playing in her room, I told her she could skip her nap if she came outside and let me take pictures of her. She was actually in a decent photo taking mood too - see!

The green eyed monster right there, looks a little evil but look how cool and colorful her eye is!

Ok let me explain, her hair was a mess today because it was curly the day before and this is how it looked the next day, and the sad face below was because as she was posing she bounced forward and smacked her face into the camera lens. She was not hurt but she got yelled at a little for hitting the beloved camera.

She snapped out of it quickly of course and continued to give me all different kinds of looks.

Mostly she was happy, well she is always happy but getting her to smile without looking fake is always a challenge, this was a genuine smile!

Since she didn't nap she went to bed at 8:00, let's hope she wakes up in a good mood tomorrow and is eager to nap. Oh darn except we are suppose to go over our friends house for a play date at 1:00 so more than likely she will not nap. Well, maybe she will fall asleep in the car.

No comments: