Saturday, May 4, 2013

Puke

On Thursday night Summer had her piano recital.  When we got home (around 8:00 pm) everything seemed very normal, Pepper was happy to see us and was running around like crazy.  She read a few books and I gave her the pacifier, rocked her for a second and put her in her crib.  Before I could even walk out of her room and shut the door I heard her puke.  It was gross, and everywhere.  We cleaned her up, cleaned up the crib, I rocked her back to sleep and put her down again (about 8:45 by now) and she puked again.  At first I thought maybe she just had a full tummy but after the second time I suspected something was wrong.  We cleaned her up again and changed her crib, and put her back to sleep.  She puked again, and again, and again, stopping finally sometime around 1:00 am.  Luckily the last three pukes were mostly nothing since she had nothing left to puke.  Around 10:00 pm (during Pepper's puking) Summer cried out from her bed.  I went in there and she was asleep but she was making eating sounds.  I should have woken her up and taken her to the bathroom, I had time, but I didn't, and she puked and puked all over herself and her bed.  We put her on our bathroom floor in a sleeping bag so she wouldn't puke on the carpet.  Between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am (when we finally got up to start Friday) she had puked so much we lost count.  Basically every hour.  She woke up each time she had to puke, in pain, and puked in Pepper's potty so at least we didn't have to clean up puke all night.  She continued to puke the rest of the morning.  She would drink water, and puke.  She slept most of the day and finally quit puking around 2:00 that afternoon.  She finally seemed better, and Pepper seemed to be completely cured and full of endless energy.  Both girls went to bed and all seemed back to normal until 3:00 am on Saturday, when we heard Pepper puke.  After cleaning her and putting her back to bed, she puked again.  After cleaning her the second time and putting her back to bed - we have had no puke since.

Sick and sleeping Friday morning

What the heck?  Was it a stomach bug, the flu, a fluke?  We all ate the same thing and we have all had puke around us, yet none of us adults seem to be sick.  Whatever it is, or was, hopefully it is gone.  I don't want to wake up again at 3:00 am and clean more puke, I have seen enough puke to last for quite a few years.

Summer also had to miss her piano recital on Friday night, she was still so weak from puking and sleeping all day.  She had pictures this morning for dance but we made that, today she seems mostly back to normal.  I suppose if I put her on the scale she might be down a few pounds, but she will get it back in due time.  As for Pepper, she also seems completely back to normal but she seemed normal yesterday too so I hope we are done with puke.  Since Summer missed her piano recital she put on her own little concert for us tonight at home, it was cute and she had fun.

Dance Photos
No more piano, only two weeks left of choir, and a little over a month left in dance.  Then the summer, and my Summer, are going to have nothing to do, well maybe swimming, of course it might be to hot to swim during the day.  We will have to find something to keep us busy and I bet we will.  

And Pepper turned 18 months yesterday.  This photo is not from yesterday, it was from two days ago, I did not get any photos yesterday :o(




No comments: