Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My New Juke

Last wednesday Kris and I drove to the Nissan dealer to test drive a Juke.

Wait, let's back it up a bit .... I decided a month or two ago that I was going to get a new car.  I wasn't sure what kind, initially I wanted a car that sat 7+.  I do not like cars and I do not like to drive.  I can't even tell the difference between most cars unless I can see the emblem and only if the emblem is something I can recognize.  I could not tell you if a car is expensive or cheap.  Cars = not me.  Anyway I wanted something bigger, or so I thought.  After I looked at my options I decided a few things: I prefer to spend less and I would rather save gas, and I do not like mini vans.  In fact I don't like the look of cars either, so we started looking at medium size SUV's like my current Ford Escape.  Did you know I had a 2003 Ford Escape before my 2006 Ford Escape?  I traded it in because I thought I needed new brakes /sigh.

Here is my car history.

My mom gave me her white car when I was old enough to drive, I don't even remember what it was :o/
Then I bought some small red car and I also don't remember what it was.
Then I leased a brand new green Ford F150 pickup.
After my divorce I got a small red Dodge Neon (I think that is what it was).
I gave that car to my mom and got a brand new red Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Got tired of the standard and bought a brand new red Ford Escape.
After having it 3 years I traded it in for another brand new gray Ford Escape.
and now I have a brand new red Nissan Juke.

We looked at several different type of cars, we went to the Suzuki dealership (I think ...), then the Ford dealership where I decided I didn't like the new Escapes, we went to Chevy and I didn't like whatever their midsize SUV was, then we went to Toyota (I think haha) and I also didn't like whatever they had.  I kinda like Jeeps, so we went to Jeep Dodge Chrysler and after determining that Jeeps are a bit too high and un-functional for the girls we decided no jeep, but I did kinda like the Dodge Journey.  Then we went to Nissan to look at their medium size SUV's and sitting on the lot was this beautiful sport looking car.  I asked what it was and Kris said it was a Juke and was really small but I looked at it anyway and I really liked it!  We walked around Nissan and I saw another car I liked but it was also a Juke.  We kept walking around and there was another car I liked but it was also a Juke, so I obviously really liked the Jukes!  Plus they are so CHEAP and I like cheap.  It is a crossover car/suv but it looks so nice, and it is really roomy for being a small car, the only thing I lost was some trunk space, I have just as much room for car seats in the back.  So the day before Valentine's day I bought a new Juke!

It is so sporty, and red again, apparently I like red cars.  Now I need a cool name for the license plate, any ideas?




No comments: