Sunday, November 23, 2014

How did that happen

Somehow between last winter and this winter I lost weight.  I am a little bit surprised.  Yes I have a scale and yes the number went down some, but it wasn't until I tried on my jeans that I really saw the inches, which seem like they are a lot more than the pounds.  All of my jeans are super big now, which is sad, but good.  I was starting to buy 9's and today I went and bought a size 7 in juniors even!  How in the world did that happen?

I can tell you that I did not work out, I still ate a lot sugar, I ate out more than I should, I did not drink enough water, definitely did not eat enough vegetables, and I stuffed myself on occasion.  Here is the chart that shows my changes from a year ago.  It looks like my highest weight was around 140 in 2003 (you can't see it on this chart) and now I am around 129, which is funny because my goal was 130 and I never expected to get there since I wasn't trying and I most definitely didn't expect to see 120's again, even if it is 129.

Only 10 ish pounds since my heaviest but what a difference that makes in pant sizes.  So what did I do?  All I can think of is starting shakeology around May.  I replaced my daily lunch that usually consisted of nothing healthy if anything at all with a shakeology shake.  I did not start using shakeology to lose weight, in fact when I started losing and was still not doing anything else different I was pretty surprised.  It was not a quick loss but imagine if I had actually been trying to work out too.  I wanted to do shakeology for a few reasons.  I knew I was lacking in vitamins and shakeology has a ton, the multi vitamin I was trying to take was making me sick.  I wanted more vegetables in my diet but could not figure out a way to eat them during lunch, shakeology is a full serving of vegetables, and I wanted something I could share with the girls, both of the girls will drink the shakes.

That is why I started shakeology, to replace my crap lunch with a healthy shake full of vitamins, a serving of fruit, veggies, protein and fiber, and to be able to share it with the girls so I feel like I am also giving them some vitamins.  I struggle with vegetables servings, I will be honest!

I have to say, I am a bit inspired after trying on pants today.  I mean I am still flabby around the waist but I don't think that is going to go away unless I start actually working out and that is not in my plan right now.  One day, maybe.  I really love Zumba ... so one day I will get back into some sort of workout routine.

Oh, and of course the shakes are delicious, I would not drink yucky shakes.  I make mine with 1 cup of 2% milk, a lot of ice, and a scoop of shakeology, usually strawberry, sometimes I add a banana, sometimes peanut butter.  I also like to do 1/2 scoop of vanilla and 1/2 a scoop of chocolate with the cup of milk and a lot of ice.  That taste just like a Wendy's frosty to me.  I love milkshakes, who doesn't!  I could/should put some greens in the shakes, maybe when I get more inspired to be a bit healthier.

I do have an issue with the shakes though, at least right now, after I drink it, it makes me cold and it is cold outside!  See, they aren't perfect!  Overall I am satisfied with shakeology, I think I have been drinking them for about 6 months now (and yes I skip days often) and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.  







No comments: