Thursday, July 24, 2008

What to pack

We are leaving for our family reunion tomorrow. We will fly to Colorado Springs then drive 2-3 hours south to the lake/motel. Kris thinks we can do it with a carry-on since we will return on Sunday. Is this possible ...........

I will carry on the diaper bag - it will have diapers, sippy cups, snacks, clothes, wipes, the usual stuff. I will also carry my purse. I will put Summer in the small stroller, I don't think we need to large stroller for this trip.

I told Kris if he wanted to carry on all of our stuff in one bag, he could, because I am not carrying Summer, a stroller, diaper bag and purse AND THEN another bag. I have no problems checking bags.

This means we have to fit everything for all 3 of us in 1 suitcase that can be carried on. My clothes for 3 days (1 or 2 whatever) his clothes, and the stuff for Summer that doesn't fit in the diaper bag, food, blanket, toys ...

I guess it is possible, but what a pain, and I already paid for the bag.

Of course we can stop and buy stuff along the way, but I didn't want to have to do that if I didn't have to, for example, how many sippy cups should I take? She usually has milk 2-3 times a day, and then water, so maybe 3 sippy cups? If we find a straw and a milk carton she can drink the milk that way. And what about spare food in case we eat somewhere where she can't really eat. And what if it is cold and we need warmer clothes, we are going to be out at a lake most of the day on Saturday, which reminds me I need to get some bug spray ... and sunscreen, and what about shoes, she isn't great at wearing shoes, but she will need to keep shoes on her feet because we will mostly be outside I think, and if she gets tired I need a blanket to put her on.

Oh I am so excited, this is going to be a fun trip!

No comments: