Monday, October 13, 2008

Cold Weather

The most significant thing that happened in the past week is the changes. First my hair - I cut off about 6-8 inches. I am so happy with it. No regrets! Next is the weather, we had a cold front move through and dropped us from 90s to the 60s. 30 degrees may not seem like much but I am reminded how much I hate cold weather. It hurts. Luckily we are suppose to warm back up into the 80s but it won't last. Why did I ever complain about the heat silly me! We are all healthy again thank goodness. We are eating and everything seems back to normal. On Saturday I took Summer to visit Casey and Ana and we went to a fall festival Halloween thing. It was really cold, actually rained when we arrived. I had went to Kmart the night before to buy Summer some winter clothes, sweat shirts, pants, etc. Thankfully mimi sent some winter clothes as well so Summer has two jackets. I thought Summer would have been in 2T clothes but she is still in 18 months. She will probably be in 2T by the end of the winter. It amazes me how fast they grow in the first year to all but stop in the second. At the Halloween Harvest thing Summer was a little cranky but I did get some good pumpkin pictures.
Yesterday we took some candy Halloween pictures. I have to be the better person and tattle on myself, while taking the pictures Summer had the end of a sucker in her mouth. It was really cute but I was thinking to myself how dangerous that is, and how she should not have the end of the sucker in her mouth. Somehow Summer flinched and jammed the stick into her mouth. I have no clue why or how, but of course it hurt something and she started crying. Luckily there was no blood and Summer would not let me see what she jabbed, but moms - instincts - I knew better and it was almost like I knew it was going to happen. She seemed fine after a few minutes but I felt horrible. No more suckers or sticks, at least not backwards like that, bad mommie! On Tuesday night we have another pumpkin farm thing to go to so I will have more pictures. I hope it warms up a little brrr.

No comments: