Monday, March 9, 2009

I think she is weaned

We went all weekend without a pappy. She goes to bed just fine but naps are a little more difficult. On Saturday I put her in her crib and she whined, but never cried, for about 10 minutes then she was out. I almost gave in - I had the pacifier right outside her door. On Sunday we ate lunch and when I put her down she walked to my door so we got on the bed and within 10 minutes she was out. To help her fall asleep I lightly tickled her back. This is really a lot easier than I thought it would be, you hear the horror stories about kids who love their pacifier. Summer is at home with daddy and he has more issues so we will see how it goes, hopefully she will be completely weaned and I can throw all the pacifiers away, right now they are in a pile waiting, hoping ...
We had a very fun busy weekend. We started the weekend at dance class, no one but Ana showed up so I will probably call this week and cancel. I really enjoyed teaching but I think I would prefer to attend and spend more time with Summer. That being said I did a damn good job teaching. After dance we headed home and met up with Casey, Ana, Jessica and Chloe and had ourselves a fun photo shoot. We did a leotard/ballet set, a spring set and a St. Patrick set. It was so much fun dressing the girls up and overall they were good sports about it. If I had to pick a favorite photo I guess I would pick this one:
After pictures the girls played in the room and then they left and we hung out the rest of the day. Sunday started quiet but around 3:15 we headed over Casey and Ana's house, the park across the street from her had a circus. It was a big tent with about 10 performers. Summer had her first cotton candy which she enjoyed. She tried to eat it like a big sucker at first but I had to show her how to pull the pieces off, it was really cute.
Oh and did I mention Summer can sing her abc's? We got her on video singing the other night in the bathtub, she can actually say most of the letters correctly, some she just makes a sound for. I am amazed how well she keeps the rhythm but we do sing to her all the time so I guess that helps.

No comments: