Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 4

No more pappy (pacifier) again. Sunday night a friend came over and she has a 6 months old daughter. Out of the blue Summer said she wanted to give her pappy to the baby so we did. I am not sure if she meant to use while she was at our house or for her to keep it but we took it to mean for good. Later that night Summer was a little upset but we sang "no more pappy for you" and gave her a cupcake, went out to dinner to celebrate and just praised her for being such a big girl. We are on day 4 and it hasn't been easy for us, she got sick yesterday (103+ fever) and the pappy would have been a nice comfort to her but she just fell asleep for her nap without her pappy so that tells me we are done.

The first two days without the pappy was interesting, Summer decided she didn't want to nap and we didn't make her. She did pretty good too considering. On the second day she almost fell asleep after dinner so I figured she is not ready to completely give up her naps. She had a fever yesterday so she napped easily and then today she really had no problems napping.

I have weaned my child twice, it is really not too hard, after the third day it is usually smooth sailing. I wish she could be a baby forever but she can't and she doesn't need it anyway. I do think it was much easier to wean her when she was younger, this time was harder on her because she was better at expressing herself.

This is the last picture I have with her and her pappy. In the end she only had it for naps but when we went to Oklahoma two weeks ago things were crazy and she wasn't happy so she ended up having it during the day.


I am sad but relieved, we hated to do it but she was ready and we had to do it as some point.

No comments: