Sunday, May 23, 2010

I love messes

Can you believe some people like things neat and clean and when their child makes a mess - they stress? Not me, since having a cute little girl I love when she makes a mess, and the messier the better! Yesterday Summer and I went outside and grabbed the sidewalk chalk, which is always a recipe for a lot of mess. Trying to keep chalk off every single part of the body is not very easy and I love taking pictures of all of those parts.


Knees, nose, toes, legs, it is all fair game when it comes to powdery chalk. We even did a bit of learning because as we were drawing with chalk we practiced writing our letters. Summer can write quite a few letters, which still amazes me. She can write the letter V, M, H, O, P (sometimes) and who knows what else if she tried. Her attention span to writing isn't nearly as long as I would like but we are in no hurry to start writing, I know we have plenty time for that. Summer can also recognize a few small words, like mom, dad, and papa. I think it is sight and luck but she will get there eventually.

For now the chalk is all fun and games mixed in with some learning and a lot of mess, which is exactly how I like it and so does Summer!


By the way, Summer is feeling much better today. These photos were taken yesterday afternoon and I think she was still feeling a little feverish not that you can tell in the picture. Today her fever is all but gone and she also has a much healthier appetite yay! I hope after she rests today she is back to her normal self by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Renee and Agua Family said...

I so love this!! :) We miss you guys!!