Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 9

I think today is day 9 ... really I can't keep the days straight. Not that I am not sleeping, I mean of course not all night but most days I feel rested. I am still trying to get into a routine, still trying to heal, and still trying to breastfeed. Breastfeeding, who knew that would be so challenging! Summer has been absolutely perfect, no jealous, quiet, easy with Pepper, and Pepper has been, well we are still figuring her out. I breastfed her for 7 days and then on the 8th day I had to have a break, the pain was just too much so we gave her formula/breast milk combo and she seemed so much more content. I am still pumping and I fed her again last night until I completely make up my mind to switch her to formula. I don't mind bottle feeding but I can't see myself pumping and using a bottle, there is just so much work doing that. I remember I pumped 3 weeks with Summer and besides feeding her the bottle and turning around and pumping, it was just too much time. Besides both of my nipples (I know, too much information) are bleeding, have blisters and look sad. Not to mention how much they hurt. Yet I continue to torture myself because I want to say I gave it my all, tried to heal them up and see if things change, at least for another week maybe?

Anyway I have really felt good today, good enough to try a photo shoot. It was not easy. Pepper was very cooperative but I had trouble finding poses. I need to get inspired and look at some examples, maybe in another day or two. At least I am training her early right? Here she is, as cute as a button, and all the spicy!









Thanks to daddy for helping with the pictures, isn't he so sweet!

1 comment:

Jessica Roya said...

Attempt number three at leaving a post... this time on my computer.

So, I really do love the pict of her and Kris showing both their faces.

And don't give up breast feeding yet. Pump to heal a bit then go see a lactation consultant if you haven't been already, cause you should be in that much pain. I give you a place tomorrow if you don't know one.