Wednesday, November 2, 2011

High Risk Afterall?

After thinking that I was the un-high riskiest patient ever I got a bit of news that put things in a different perspective. Not my blood pressure, it is still holding out at 126/75 or somewhere around there - no not the same problems I had before, these are all brand new problems to explore!

Monday: I had a routine appointment with the high risk doctor to have another growth scan. This was to be my last scan and I figured it was probably not necessary. I kinda thought something might be wrong with the fluid when the tech kept trying to find a better reading and asked me to turn on my left side. Of course there isn't much room in there now so I wasn't sure. Apparently my fluids, the water around the baby, are low. Not really low, well it is an 8, which is the minimum they like to see. Because of that I have to be monitored twice a week to make sure it doesn't go down anymore. Besides that little Pepper only measured in at 6 pounds 3 ounces. Not extremely small but considering her last growth scans her growth chart has started to decrease instead of increase. Again not extremely horrible but something else that needs to be watched. Now these scans can be off and most of the time they are, but this clinic has pretty high tech machines so I doubt they are off as much as if I had this scan done in a normal doctors office. Anyway both are things that need extra monitoring. Then the high risk doctor tells me he doesn't want me to go past 39 weeks anyway due to the blood clotting disorder that I have that I am doing nothing about. So that means that this baby will be here one way or the other by next Friday, which is 11-11-11, the day Kris really wanted as a birth day, also Veteran's Day.

Tuesday: I saw my regular air force doctor today. Because he is going on leave Saturday and will be gone for two weeks the chances that he will not be able to do my surgery/delivery is possible so I met a new doctor, Dr. Johns. She was nice and I asked her to strip my membranes in hopes that I still may get to deliver naturally between now and next Friday. While she was doing the stretching she noticed I was already dilated to a 3. She was able to aggressively stretch my membranes (surprisingly it didn't really hurt) and she was able to stretch me to a 4. She also said I was very soft whatever that means. After all that I had to go up to labor and delivery to have a NST because I skipped it yesterday and mostly for legal reasons. This was after the membrane stretching and I started having some pretty fun little contractions. While on the monitor Pepper did fine and the contractions were 2-8 minutes apart. They told me to go home and to come back if the contractions were less than 2 minutes apart, became so painful I could not stand, if my water broke, or if the baby stopped moving as much. For the rest of the day I had horrible contractions, not quite horrible enough to make me double over and not closer than 4 minutes apart. I just felt crappy and took a shower, drank a lot of water, took a nap, and by dinner they were much more comfortable and almost non existent. I think I might have dropped because I slept so much better last night, I didn't have to wake almost hourly to go pee so maybe things moved away from my bladder.

Wednesday: So today I feel pretty darn good. I got a great nights sleep. I am still having contractions but not as strong or as often. Pepper was moving around (she is sleeping now). I guess now we just have to wait. I plan on going grocery shopping later (ok she just woke up and is moving) to get walking since that could help the contractions come on again. We will see what happens, oddly enough I was so dead set on having a natural birth because I wanted to see how painful it was, after yesterday I would not be that disappointed if I had to have a c-section. Ya some of the contractions were that bad! In fact my goal was a natural drug free birth but after yesterday I have no problems asking for an epi!

I have an appointment tomorrow to do another NST and a scan to check the fluid levels. If anything bad happens with those test I could have a c-section right after or this Friday, but if those tests are all fine then I have another check again on Monday. Funny how I am not at all stressing, nor am I worried, in fact I feel like I am just going with the flow, things will happen when they happen. Poor Kris is pretty nervous, in fact he stayed home today, and Summer is super excited because she things Pepper will be here any day, which she could.

So I am 37 weeks and 5 days today. I guess I need to take a few more pictures because it may be the last I take. Oh and yesterday I weighed 167.4, which means I have gained 36 pounds. The goal is to gain between 25-35 right? I gained 26 pounds with Summer but again I weighed about the same because I started 10 pounds heavier with her. Soon it will be time to get rid of all this baby weight, I am ready for the challenge!

Oh and because I hate having a post without a photo ... on Monday the ultrasound tech felt so bad because Pepper is already engaged, which means she is head down way low into my pelvis facing toward my back, the tech could not get a face/head shot - which was fine, I didn't mind, but she felt bad, so she gave me a picture of her ears LOL. Not the best picture since I took it with my phone but probably the last picture I will have before she comes out. I am pretty sure her ear on the left looks like Summer and Kris's.

No comments: