Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mexican Lasagna

My aunt Wendy called one day and told me about this really delicious dish her husband made and I had to make it.  I made it for a group of friends the next day and we all loved it.  I tried looking on the internet to find it or something like it so I could "pin" it so I would not lose it but I could not find anything as close to this recipe so I figured I better blog it and save it so I will always have it.

Ingredients:
onion
green pepper
chicken (cooked)*
1 can of rotel
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 can of black beans
1 bag of tortilla chips
1 bag of cheese
1 can of black olives

*I have boiled chicken and used rotisserie and both were delicious!

- Preheat the oven to 350
- Cook the onions and the green pepper
- Mix the cooked onions and green pepper, cooked chicken, can of rotel, cream of chicken soup, tomato sauce, and black beans together.
- Then take a 9x11 baking dish and crush up about 1/3 of the bag of tortilla chips
- Add half of the mix on the chips
- Then sprinkle with cheese.
- Repeat (2 layers, unless you want more)
- Top with olives
- Bake for 30 minutes

My father in law said it reminded him of a taco salad, my husband said it reminded him of a frito pie.  It is really good and very filling and goes a long way!











No comments: