Sunday, April 13, 2008

9 Months

Summer is 9 months today!!! We have no doctors appointment until she turns 12 months so here is what I measured. 22.5 pounds (and I rounded down) holy CRAP she is huge. I thought she might be 21 pounds, I didn't realize she gained so much in one month, and 29 inches tall- which is the same for the past 2 months, unless I measured wrong, which I probably did, using a measuring tape isn't easy at home but I guess that is still pretty tall. She is crawling, pulling herself up onto everything, and as of yesterday, started opening drawers. Last night Summer opened up the bottom drawer in the bathroom and was playing with all of my hair items, clips, bows, rubber bands, and this morning she learned how to open the drawer with all of our spoons, here is a video. After Cliff saw her in the drawers he decided he needs to baby proof more, so he went to Lowes to get some clips to fix the cabinets. I thought we had more time, apparently not. I cannot imagine how difficult it will be once she starts walking.
Summer is drinking 3 or 4 (8-oz) bottles a day, on some days she only has 3. She eats a large breakfast of rice or oatmeal and fruit and a plastic 4 oz container of vegetables for dinner. I think I will start introducing a regular lunch around 10 months. I am slowly introducing table foods, last week Summer has spegetti and ate them just fine, she has also had some pancakes (no syrup) and lots of soft veggies. When she wakes up from her nap I will give her some baby yogurt, only half so I can eat the rest. Summer will drink from a sippy cup if we help her, but she hasn't figured out that she has to tip it up to get the water yet. She has her two bottom teeth and one on top, the left, but his morning we noticed the top right is very white and puffy so I expect that one to poke through real soon.
For her 9 month birthday I bought her a tutu from walmart for $8.00. I tried to get a few photos today, some were cute. I tacked one pink blanket on the wall and laid another one on the floor and tried to keep her centered, as you can probably imagine, she doesn't like to stay still anymore, so I will take more photos again later, the tutu is really big so we have a lot of time.
She is still such a great baby. She is talking all the time, making all kinds of crazy sounds. We pretend we know what she is saying, and she thinks she is saying something and keeps going, it is so cute.
We went to a pet-a-palooza yesterday and I can honestly say I have never seen so many dogs in one place, it was amazing. Not any of the dogs fought. My poor little guy was exhausted, and twice rode in the stroller, once I held Summer while he rode up top and once he rode in the bottom basket underneath the stroller. We stayed about 2 hours and had to leave, I was fried from being in the sun all day. Summer did great, she just rode around in her stroller looking at all the dogs, never making a sound. I actually was watching Killer more than Summer because I had to keep his leash from getting tangled around himself, her stroller, my legs, other dogs, etc. Luckily when I got home yesterday Kris watched Summer while I took an hour nap to recover.

No comments: