Sunday, April 27, 2008

Scary Grass

I have been usually busy all week, and felt like I wasn't there for Summer. On Thursday I had an IT emergency and was on the phone all night, and on Friday I worked until 7:00, luckily Kris didn't mind and on Saturday I spent all day with Summer. We hung out a lot, crawled around, took some pictures, went grocery shopping, took a nap together, took a bath, and even shared some food, I gave her some of my pancakes for breakfast (no syrup) and some of my peas for dinner. It was a great bonding day and today I feel like she is my baby! She has started to give kisses on request, well most of the time, ok just sometimes, but they are wide open and slobbery kisses so sometime will work for now. She is also saying bye and starting to wave, I caught her on video yesterday saying bye, you can look at it on youtube, just look up jesca4u to see all of my videos. The photo shoot yesterday was ok, no great photos but I did catch a good shot of Summer in the grass, holding both of her feet up and one arm. I will set her in the grass in a crawl position and she will balance herself on two knees and one hand while holding everything else up. She has crawled in the grass before so I am not sure where this new fear came from, but it is so cute! No plans for today, hanging out together again, probably get some more photos. I just finished the third three month shutterfly book, months seven, eight and nine, and plan on printing that out next month. I love looking back through the books and see how much she has changed, have you seen this kids bangs, her hair has really grown a lot, I have to scoot her bangs to the side so they don't get in her eyes.
I still cannot believe that I have a baby, and that I am a mommy, and that Summer is my daughter. Surely this will change eventually right? At some point it has to stop feeling so weird and seem normal right? I love the feeling I get when I look at my little, or really big girl, and I am so glad I did this. It helps that I have such a great husband to help make me a better mother. I can't wait for my first mother's day, I plan on spending all day with my daughter!

No comments: