Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby Blues

I have the baby blues today. I am in Hawaii and Summer and Daddy are in Nevada. This is the first time I have been away from my little girl. I can still smell her yummy skin and feel her soft tummy. I can see her face clearly and imagine looking into her eyes. At least I will only be gone until Wednesday, I don't think I could take much more, or be gone for much longer. I didn't realize how hard it would be until I was trying to doze off during the 5 hour flight. I kept picturing her face and her smile. While I was waiting to board a lady was sitting next to me with an 8 month old, pure torture! I really thought I would enjoy a little "me" time, I mean I did get to go shopping, I found 4 pair of pants, and if I had a lot more money I could go shopping again, but I would rather be home on the floor with some toys and a baby. I miss my husband too, but it is doubtful that he will change much in four days, not that I expect Summer to be walking when I get back, but she might make a new sound or make a new face or get a new tooth. Speaking of new teeth, she has one! On the 2nd I happened to be feeling around in her mouth and another one snuck up on us. Her bottom right tooth broke the skin. I can't believe she doesn't get fussy while breaking teeth through, are we lucky or what! So far I have written down all the dates for her teeth, I feel so proud to be on top of her books. I also ordered her next three month shutterfly book, 52 pages, it wasn't cheap, but as much as I look back at the first two books, it will be worth every dollar.
Yesterday was park day. I had arranged a mommy park day with the message board group I belong. Daddy wanted to come early so he could take some mommy and baby pictures but of course his car battery was dead (from not driving). At 8:00 in the morning we went to the park close to our house so daddy could get some picture. Then we were home by 8:30 and we ate breakfast, and back out to the scheduled park event by 9:30. Only 4 other couples showed up, but that was enough babies and mommies to have a good time. The kids were great, they don't really play together yet, but they enjoy being outside in the sunshine looking around. Afterwards Casey and I went to lunch, and as usual Summer napped for most of the meal. Ana is getting to be such a cutie, I think her hair is longer in the back than Summer's. We need to get together again, it is crazy to think how fast our little girls are growing, soon they will be teenagers!
One last thing to talk about, Kris and I went to ToysRUs on Friday night. We spent a long time looking at all of the cool toys they have. We ended up buying Summer a thing that you hold on to when you are learning how to walk. We got it home and popped it all together and tried to get Summer to start using it. She did not want anything to do with it. I think it might be too early for her to even think about taking steps, and I have decided I don't want her to walk yet anyway, she needs to enjoy crawling for as long as she can. I will put the toy in her room out of the way and when she is ready she can go look at at. I was reading a book on the flight and it mentioned how toys can become over stimulating, and when I get back I am going to start putting away all of the old toys Summer is no longer interested it, the baby toys as well, and try to keep it to a minimum. This will also help me during the next trip to walmart, I will not be tempted to buy a toy. I am also going to look into more natural toys, wood toys, she loves her wooden blocks more than anything else. I saw some all natural wood toys at the store and they weren't colorful but this will allow her to use her imagination. I am also going to keep her imagination in mind and give her unique toys I have around the house like boxes and books. Oh I am also going to move her crib out of our room and into her own. I think I will try it on Friday night if I can get it in her room. She is old enough, she can sleep through the night if we let her and stopped jumping at every single sound she makes. I have a feeling if she is upstairs we will not be as quick to jump up and give her the pacifier. Well this is my plan anyway, and right now it is making me sad to think about because I am here and she is there, but I will have to cry and get over it, and do what is best for her and I. WAH life sucks. Sorry that snuck out :o0 I miss my baby, so until next week when I have her in my arms ...

1 comment:

Tiroskassie said...

awww.. She'll still be the same when you get home.. somehow I doubt hubby has taught her to drive a car by the time you get there :P