Monday, June 2, 2008

No, Poop, Stand & Wave

For some reason when I say NO in a really deep serious voice, Summer laughs. She thinks it is SO funny when I tell her NO. I don't tell her NO very often, usually I just move her to a not NO area, but on Saturday I captured the little monkey laughing at me as I tried to be very stern and tell her NO. She is so cute, she has a great laugh. On Saturday we hung out at the house, we had a BBQ both Friday night and Saturday afternoon and Summer had some fresh fruit and veggies. On Saturday and Sunday I did not give Summer an afternoon bottle, I put her formula in a sippy cup and gave it to her during lunch. She must like the food better because she did not mind that she missed a bottle, and while she was happily drinking the formula, she still wanted the food more, so she is almost ready to cut back. She does a decent job using the sippy cup too, half the time she remembers she has to tip it up and the other half I will help her. It is nice only having two bottles each day on the weekend, I told Kris to continue and start giving her the sippy cup with formula for lunches and hopefully he can create some healthy lunches to feed her.
I bought some toothpaste on Saturday, special toothpaste that taste sweet and she can swallow. She really doesn't mind having her teeth brushed, she doesn't mind the bottom as much as the top. I have started brushing her teeth each morning when I get ready. Speaking of teeth, she still only has 7, but she has been fussy and chewing on her hand, so something must be growing inside that mouth and causing a little bit of pain.
On Saturday we tried to play in the sprinkler in the front yard, at one point she was just standing unsupported in the grass, but she fell and rubbed her face on the grass. She did not fall hard, she didn't even cry, but she ended up getting a red face because of the grass. I guess the little grass blades can cut, when I looked at her face later I thought she had a rash and was recalling the food she had all day. Kris said it was a normal reaction to the grass and it went away within a few hours shew, it looks so bad, like she had got beaten up.
Summer is continuing to balance herself and stand unsupported for long amounts of time. Most of the time she doesn't realize it, she will just stand there, playing with a toy or looking around. She falls nicely onto her padded butt and gets herself right back up. I really think she will be walking within the next couple of weeks, as soon as she realizes she can do it - she is going to take off.
On Sunday I went to k-mart to get Summer a pool, since the sprinkler wasn't a big hit, I thought we would try the pool next. I also had to get her a swim suit and they had some outfits on sale so I had to get those. I also bought her some new shoes, she doesn't like them but they look SO CUTE on her little feet! It was hot enough to swim on Sunday so we blew up the pool and I put her little swimsuit on and she was adorable. At first she wasn't thrilled to be in the pool but she didn't cry and we kept putting her in the middle and got her some bath toys and she stayed in for a good 20 minutes. I can't wait to get her in a big pool and see how she does, I really think she will like swimming around.
I took this video on Saturday, it is a little dark, but it shows her laughing at my NO, making a poopy face (yes, she did in fact poop), standing unsupported for a while and then waving goodbye.

1 comment:

Tiroskassie said...

How cute is she! You're gonna have a walker on your hands really soon! Alex started walking on the same day that I first saw him stand unassisted.. Shocked the heck outta me!