Monday, June 30, 2008

always exciting!

Yesterday I was giving Summer a bath and she farted. If you have young children who are still in diapers, you know that a fart can sometimes be followed by something more. Summer has only pooped in her tub twice, once in her water and once on the side - I was quick second time and scooper her over the side! After she farted I scooped her out of the tub and sat her on the toilet. She was so cute sitting there naked and wet wondering what was going on. I had the towel around her and kept saying poopoos (that's how I say it) and I was making grunting faces. She was more interested in the toilet paper so I had to take it off and move it away. After about a minute or two my legs had gone completely numb from sitting on the bathroom floor. I called Kris to come look, she had not pooped but she was so cute sitting on our toilet. I was about to get up and I heard a plop - she pooped in the toilet! Another plop - another poopoos! Of course I do not consider this potty training but it was still nice to save the bath water and a diaper, and we were done with the bath anyway. If you saw that episode of Jon and Kate - Kate took pictures of the first poops - very gross, but I thought about it, but it's not like this was a real poop hehe.
This past week we accomplished a lot. On Wednesday and Thursday Summer woke up early - between 4 and 5, and I decided it was time to move her upstairs into her own room, so on Thursday Cliff and Kris took her crib apart and moved her upstairs. Friday morning she slept like a champ, all night waking only around 5:30 but going right back to sleep, and she has continued to sleep all night. She normally wakes up between 5 and 6 and if I am in the mood I will walk upstairs, grab her, put her in our bed where she will go back to sleep for an hour. I don't mind having her sleep with us in the morning, I think it is really cute and she is such a wiggle worm. I think when the sun comes up, she wakes up, and that is just how she is. Oh I also cut her off another bottle, so we are just down to 1 bedtime bottle now. She use to have a bottle in the morning but when I moved her crib I stopped the morning bottle. She now gets up with me gets dressed, we brush her teeth and hair, then she comes into the kitchen for a sippy cup and some Wiggles. I am so lucky to have such a great baby, she is still awesome!
We had a busy weekend on Saturday Summer and I headed to the mall for some lunch and play time. Summer enjoyed Japanese teriyaki chicken and rice and California rolls with me. She liked the play area but I can tell she is a little shy, she was attached at the leg for most of the time, but she was smiling and having a good time. Then we headed to the Lied Children's Musuem where we spent 2 hours playing with everything. This is my favorite picture from our adventure, she loved this thing. She was tired but had a lot of fun playing and walking around. No she is still not walking alone, but she walks great holding on for dear life to one finger. I gave her a cloth strap to hold as I walked her around the house and she will even walk everywhere holding onto that but if I let go she knows and will not walk. Once she sees something and knows it is easier to walk to get it she is going to take off, but I am not pushing her because I am not sure if I am really ready or not. Another picture from the museum is the princess dress - they have an area where you can dress up and a stage for kids to perform shows and I put Summer in this dress and she loved all the bright colorful fabric, she was so cute. She had such a good time on Saturday hanging out with me and all the people and kids, and took a 2 hour nap when we got home. On Sunday we hung out, played in the sprinkler, had a popsicle and relaxed. This weekend is the 4th, I had Cliff find the flag so we can take some photos. I might run by the dollar store on the way home to check out the props. Always something fun to do!

No comments: