Tuesday, June 24, 2008

oops where did I go


I forgot to post this weekend sorry. I actually thought to myself I would do it on Monday then I got busy so this is a bit late, but just in time!
A lot happened last week so I hope I can remember everything .... nope I forgot, oh well I will try and see what I remember.
Summer can wear pigtails now. I didn't think it was possible, how could this child be any cuter? Well she can and is, such a little cutie, look at those pigtails! She sits so good when I do her hair too, all calm in the bathroom sink, sucking on her toothbrush as I wet and pull away at that hair. I am so lucky.
On Saturday Summer and I went over Casey and Ana's house for a play day, Summer did great, she actually warmed right up to the caged in gate with all of the toys and went to town touching this and eating this. I never got a good picture but we had fun, we spent about three hours hanging out then we came home and Summer enjoyed a 2 hour nap.
Summer got two birthday gifts this week from friends on cafemom, a new dress, which is super cute, I put her in it and took some pictures, but realistically dresses are not practical at this point, they will be once she gets to walking but she can not crawl with a dress on, it gets caught under her legs and becomes ugly. Which is actually ok because she is loving to walk, holding onto a finger that is. If you hold out a finger, she will grab it and pull herself up and guide you around the house. I think she is still developing her balance but she does really good, as soon as she gets up the courage she will be ready to cruise around on her own. I don't see it happening real soon, which is fine, I love holding her little hand, she has the best softest little hands!
So another gift she got was a baby doll, and can you believe she didn't already have one?!? I never even thought about it, she has some stuffed animals but no baby looking ones. This doll says "I love you" and makes kissing noises, and Summer is no stranger to kissing as seen in this photo. At first we kept grabbing the doll and hugging it thinking she was getting jealous but she never got jealous, she just thought it was funny and kept kissing her new baby. She likes it, not any better than anything else, but enough to be a really good gift.
Earlier in the week I took several pictures of the afternoon to montage a typical afternoon, it turned into not so typical when she had her first popsicle, then she had to have an early bath, but it was still cute. Since that popsicle she had another and just like that she learned to hold the thing by the stick so as not to get the hand cold, and she nearly ate the whole thing, I ended up taking it when she started to jab the stick all the way down her throat to get the stuff at the bottom. H

I call this: One Summer Afternoon:

I come home, start dinner, take Summer into the room to play a bit before we eat. I go into the bathroom to change clothes and snap this shot:

I cannot believe how long her bangs are and how cute her little face is!






She plays next to my dresser for a while.

She has fun playing, actually I had to clean off the nightstand, you can imagine why.







Then we eat, nothing exciting, and afterwards we have a popsicle.

There are several pictures on flickr but that was the first picture, she liked it but it was cold.







This is a face of love :o)

A dole 100% fruit juice popsicle, yum, they are good.





So as you can imagine, a popsicle creates a lot of red sticky stuff that requires an immediate bath.

This bath was a fun bath, and a happy bath, no clue why, some baths are just happier than others. They are always good but just not usually this good.







Then of course we get out and dry off, which is just as fun as the bath for some reason.







She even lets me dry her hair and has fun with it - look at all that hair on that head!












Next she headed into the closet to see where I went (I went to get her clothes of course) while wearing her towel.










After the bath, onto the bed for diaper, lotion and jammies.

I love those jammies.







It was still early so we went into the room to play for a little bit.

Still in a very happy mood as you can see.









Almost 8 pm and someone is very unhappy now and wants a bottle.

But what a cute unhappy face!









Few minutes later:

So sweet!

No comments: