Monday, August 11, 2008

Excited on Monday

Another great weekend leaves me at Monday, and usually Monday is not where I like to be, but today my mom arrives at 1:30 on a plane that came from Idaho, and while I should be concentrating on wrapping things up at work, I am so excited because tomorrow we are flying to Lawton Oklahoma! That was a really long sentence wasn't it ... Anyway my mom will arrive later today, I will pick her up and we will head home - play with Summer, make dinner and eventually pack. Traveling with Summer has gotten so much easier now that she is older. Now that she can walk, now that she can eat solid food, now that she can drink milk, now that she can enjoy traveling, I am enjoying it too. Which reminds me I need to call the airline and tell them I have a lap child - as soon as I am done I will do that.
We had a great weekend, on Saturday we had a play date with two other little girls, Ana and Chloe and of course their moms were there too Casey and Jessica. They arrived around 8:00 am and stayed until about 11:30 am, which meant Summer missed her morning nap but was a trooper. She did not whine or get fussy but I could tell she was really sleepy. I kept her up since it was so close to lunch and after we ate we went into the room for a nap. As soon as her head hit my pillow, and after about 10 to 15 rolls and flops, she was out, and I was soon after. Upon waking sometime later I discovered it was already 3:00 pm, she had slept at least 2 1/2 hours, well and me too :o) I guess playing with the girls wore her out, but she had a lot of fun and did great. At one point Chloe had pushed her and she slowly fell over onto her back. I think she was a little surprised, or she was use to our dogs pushing her over, so she just laid there, waiting for something to happen. Nothing happened so she got up and proceeded to playing. We also got in the pool on Saturday, well in and out. Later that afternoon we went back in the pool and she stayed in a bit longer. On Sunday we played on the blanket in the water hose, and did I mention she only had 1 nap on Sunday too? She took a morning nap and probably needed the afternoon nap but never fell asleep so we managed to keep her up until 8:00 pm, and she slept happily all night until 6:00 am this morning.
I jumped around a bit, but in summary, we had a great weekend even with only 1 nap each day, we had fun on our play date with the girls, we had a great night last night, and today we are excited about Grandma coming from Idaho. Summer is excited she just doesn't know it yet. Tomorrow we fly to Oklahoma, this will be flight # ... I have to count them real quick, Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma, Idaho, Colorado, Oklahoma - ok this will be 6, throw a 7 in there for me to Hawaii, wow in 1 year this little girl has been on 6 trips. I guess we need to get them all in before she turns 2, then it will start costing me.

No comments: