Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Things

Summer can talk - sure if you don't know what she is trying to say you can't understand her but she is definitely mimicking sounds and repeating words, at least the first few letters in the word. Last night I was trying to read her a book and she wanted it, and I said no, say please first before I give it to you, and she said ple. YAY she is talking and learning manners all rolled into one. Her new thing this past week is stamp your feet, you know the song "If you are happy and you know it stamp your feet" well she goes around stamping one foot, it does not look pretty, in fact it looks like she has problems walking, but we know what she is doing and she really enjoys doing it. She also likes clothes and trying to get herself dressed, she will open her dresser and pull out all of the clothes, sit in the middle of the pile of clothes and try to put them all on over her head. This can occupy her for a good 20 minutes and is really cute to watch. We had a great weekend - if you can believe her and I can both fit in her pool - we did, and she had fun sitting there with me, splashing, dumping water on her head, putting her face in the water, and we also played in the water hose. I took her for a walk and we ended up around the side of the house in the rocks, she happily sat herself down and loved picking up handfuls of rocks, putting them in my hands, knocking them out of my hands, over and over. She put one in her mouth but spit it out on her own. She is still so much fun and always brightens my day, when I get her in the mornings she is usually just laying there and when she hears the gate and sees me she gets the biggest smile on her face and sits up and lets me pick her up and take her downstairs. I still love being a mom.

No comments: