Friday, December 26, 2008

Summer's 2nd Christmas

We had a lovely holiday. On Wednesday night (Christmas Eve) we decorated a gingerbread house together.



I really never want to do that again lol. Summer really didn't help either but in this photo it almost looks like she is!

Next we opened two gifts, one was her cute pajamas and one was a toy from Susan at work, here she is sitting in her new super cute pajamas playing with the tea set she got:



Then around 6:30 papa took Summer upstairs so daddy and mommy "aka Santa" could get the gifts together. This is what I found them doing when I went upstairs to get some of the gifts hehe.



We decided Summer really doesn't unwrap gifts very well so we unwrapped and unpacked everything and set them up under the tree, that way on Christmas morning she would walk into the living room and see all her toys all ready to play with under the tree.

The first thing she saw was Penelope the pink dog, then she saw the Elmo doll and then the books I think. She had a blast, maybe next year we will wrap them but this was so much easier for everyone, I am glad we did it this way.

Then I made breakfast and lunch!

Here is Summer eating turkey in her Christmas dress:



Before we could even eat dinner Summer crashed out:



The food was --- one of my best! I made a Turkey, it was so moist, I had bought a honey baked ham, they are always delicious, I made green rice casserole, it was heavenly, and a sweet potato casserole, oh it was so yummy, and we had mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, bread, olives and cranberries. I even made a gravy with the turkey juices!

Today we have already taken down the tree and put all the decorations away! I have leftovers and can't wait to eat lunch yum. Thanks for sharing the day with us!

No comments: