Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back Arching

It was bound to happen ...

Back Arching - When your child does not get their way or something makes them really mad. Summer just started doing this alot this past week. What could possible cause a sweet innocent child to lose it and flail around on the ground while arching their back so it is almost impossible to pick them up? It could be anything but this weekend it was dropping a book while trying to hold five at one time, taking a barbie out of her hands so I could take photos, not being able to sit in the chair how she wanted ... to name a few. I, for some stupid reason, thought it would be cute to watch my child throw a tantrum, but instead I have discovered it to be very annoying. Yesterday I came home from work and took Summer upstairs. I grabbed the video camera because I wanted to capture Summer's new jump. Somehow Summer had found her night night papi, so I took it away and told her to jump for mommy. Instead, while filming, I captured Summer throwing a huge fit, falling to the floor, arching her back, crying worse than if she had gotten hurt. My initial reaction was to smack that attitude right out the window, but I was filming and I know that would not help, so instead I proceeded to film a tantrum. Finally, after what seemed like forever but was probably 2 minutes, she calmed down and found something else in her room to play with. I never got the jump on camera.

No comments: