Thursday, May 5, 2011

In Hiding

I really haven't been hiding her, not on purpose. She is still just the cutest little thing. Due to being so sick I just haven't been taking her photo as often, if at all. She has been such a little trooper through all of this mess, she understands I am always sick and hasn't ever complained. I guess she doesn't care if the house is a mess, if there are dishes in the sink, if her room is a complete disaster. I haven't changed her sheets in ... well I would rather not admit it, and she has yet to say anything to me. I hardly take her out of the house but why would she care when her daddy is picking up the slack. Daddy has been taking her to dance lessons each Friday and after they dine at Olive Garden, which just happens to be her favorite restaurant. She gobbles up the chicken alfredo and does a good job on the salad too. Papa has been extra special too, keeping her busy every morning before he has to go to work and spending all day with her on his days off. And yet somehow I find we are closer. She loves me and understands I am sick, she understands that I can't play with her, that I need to sit down, lay down, read a book. She still gives me hugs, gives me kisses, tells me she loves me this much as she spreads out her arms. She always smiles when I smile at her. She is truly more than just my special little girl, she is a best friend, she makes me laugh, she makes me smile, she makes me so proud. She is silly and funny and cute and smart. She has taught me patience and understanding. Sometimes I forget she is only three, until I remember her birthday is coming up in July and I panic because I have no clue what we are going to do for her party! She is so easy going and easy to love and just plain wonderful. I am so lucky.

No comments: