Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Little Artist

This week we ended up creating two art projects, one at the library and one at an art class.  The library project was all about constellations.  The kids were given black paper, a white crayon, and several silver starts and were told to create their own constellation.  This is what Summer created for me.


Not exactly a constellation, or anything like one, but at least she drew a picture of me and her, and told me she loves me, and I have two stars on my head!  I don't know why she started recently making her "s" backwards but oh well, she will turn them back eventually.

In the art class today we learned about a famous artist by the name of Keith Haring, and we recreated something like he would make.  I was actually quite impressed by how well Summer stayed in the lines.  We traced the outline people with pencil, then darkened the outline with black paint, then colored the people in and painted the sky and ground.  That little red blob on the side is the outline of a baby crawling, just incase you couldn't see it :o)  Oh - and I have the picture upside down - the sky is the blue part.

No comments: