Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Swimmer

Since the summer started we have been in a pool a lot.  Actually I lie, I haven't been in the pool a lot, Summer has been in a pool a lot.  During our California vacation the girls swam for 4 hours one morning and 2 hours one evening in the hotel pool.  It was just what Summer needed to get over some fears, she was jumping in the pool and going under the water while wearing goggles, diving down to the bottom of the shallow end and retrieving quarters and pennies. As soon as we got back from vacation I wanted to get her back in the pool right away, to keep what she had just learned and guess what, it worked.  We got back from vacation on Friday and on Monday we went over a friends house and Summer learned to swim.


It isn't the best swim you have ever seen, and she has a long way to go before she wins any swim competitions but I (and all of us) are so proud of her!  She is almost 5 and now she can swim.

Pepper has been in the pool too, she likes the water I guess, she tolerates it without me being in there.  She is such a little stinker!





See Pepper's hat - yes that is actually her shorts.  I didn't want her to go hatless and figured her shorts worked good enough, of course we had to keep adjusting the leg hole areas :o)

No comments: