Sunday, April 7, 2013

Another Birthday

I am turning 37 tomorrow.  I have really enjoyed everything about 36.  36 was a wonderful awesome amazing year (should I put a comma in there somewhere?).  Pepper got older and became a much easier baby and Summer started kindergarten. We went to the beach and disneyland.  I got to see my grandma at her 75th birthday in Oklahoma and my grandma-in law at her 80th birthday party in Texas.  We had a great Christmas and New Years.  And we bought an amazing new house!  It was just a great year.

Of course getting older isn't without a few concerns, like the fact that I think I am going to eventually but not yet need reading glasses.  Well I might need them now but I haven't gone to an eye doctor in a long time.  I also noticed that I packed on an extra 5 pounds that looks a lot more like 20 and I don't see it going anywhere, especially the way I have been eating and not working out.  I shouldn't complain because I really still look great, and I don't have any more wrinkles, at least that I can tell. Plus I haven't seen a grey, white, or black hair yet so things are definitely still good.

Earlier this week I actually put on some makeup and decided to do one last self portrait photo shoot before I turn 37.  Here I am with a lot of makeup, some natural window light, a little bit of skin softening and some eye sharpening thanks to Lightroom (photo editing software for those of you who don't know about that kinda stuff) and tada!






I just look so happy - and I am, and I hope 37 is just as fun as 36 was :o)  I am not really even sure the girl in those photos are really me, she looks so happy, and young.  So far being old is rocking.

No comments: