Friday, April 19, 2013

Summer Shines Some

Getting this child to pose for a picture is just ... grrrr lol, she would just rather be doing what everyone else is doing, or making sure Pepper isn't having all the fun.  Summer is a great older sister but she doesn't enjoy being left out of anything.

We only have 5+ weeks left of homeschooling and we are both glad.  We would both rather play, or do other things :o) but I think Summer has really learned a lot this year (somehow).  Her reading amazes me some days.  Yesterday we headed to choir and she brought a book along and sat in the back seat reading it to me, spelling the words she didn't know.  I have no doubt that she would be able to read even more had I spent more time with her, which is why we will not be doing homeschool next year.  Plus she misses being around friends her age and while she really enjoys playing with Pepper, I bet some time away from her will make it even better.

Summer hates having her hair brushed.  If you can't tell from the photos, the hair was not brushed today.  I will be glad when she can start brushing it herself and actually does a good enough job to get the tangles out.  Summer loves spending time with anyone that pays attention to her.  Imagine that!  She really loves her choir class and singing, though I don't know that she can sing at that well, yet?  She enjoys her piano class and her dance class but her choir is her favorite.  I really should look into some sort of group sport and see how she does.

She is the most thoughtful little thing, loves to share, loves to hug but only wants kisses on the cheek (maybe its my breath?).  She loves taking care of her sister, feeding her and helping her get dressed, brushing their teeth together.  She wants to help change diapers but not the poopie ones.  She has no real issues sharing toys (amazingly) and has learned how to trick Pepper into giving her something she wants by trading her something.  I guess the girls get along very well considering.

She is getting so big, she is going to be 6 soon and in school all day next year.





No comments: