Sunday, January 5, 2014

Living Oils

Let me just start out by saying I am the biggest skeptic ever.  My middle name should be skeptic.  But I am human and I have friends and so many of them kept saying how well these oils were working for this and that, I had to try it to prove them wrong!  Initially I didn't want to even try the oils because I couldn't think of any reason to use them.  I don't get sick, headaches, etc.  Then I thought about Kris and how often he gets a headache and figured I could make him the lab rat!


I had never really thought much about oils however Kris loves smells, and I remember when I was pregnant with Summer I was so sick, the only thing that gave me ANY relief was sniffing an orange, so the first oil I ordered from my friend Lauren was the orange.  I ordered it for something that required me to apply it several times a day diluted with an oil (like coconut oil).  I never gave it an honest chance, I think I applied it twice before I realized that I am not that person to care enough about myself to keep putting it on (haha) so I just forgot about it.


A month or two later the oils came up in my friend group again and my friend Lauren invited me into this secret facebook group where millions (ok how about 21,000 people) talk about the oils.  I read through several testimonies and started wondering again.  Of course there were a few crazy ones, but overall the feel was that these oils were really working for a lot of people doing a lot of different things, so I told Lauren I would just order the kit so I could actually diffuse the oils (less difficult than applying it) and see if I could find out if they really worked or not.


I ordered my kit in November but didn't open it until Christmas Day.  I was also extremely sick on Christmas Day!  After I stumbled into the living room I told my family to hurry and get the kit out and let's start diffusing something to make me better!  I met Thieves.


Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.*


I don't know if I buy that but it sure sounds good right?  We diffused thieves twice on Christmas Day, I had a drop in my tea and I put some on the inside of my cheek (dabbed on my finger).  Kris had also been sick recently and had a lingering cough and Pepper went to bed and it seemed like she was getting something.  The next morning we all woke up and were fine!  Kris was not coughing and Pepper was completely normal!


It could have been a coincidence.


Then Kris came and told me he was getting a headache and to hurry and find out which oils would help.  I looked it up in the facebook group and find a combo that supposedly worked so I made Kris put some oil across his forehead and a different oil on the roof of his mouth.  Not 5 minutes later he came and told me his headache was gone.


That could have also been a coincidence.


I needed more proof so I asked everyone for a reason to use the oils.  My moms feet ache when she goes to bed so I found an oil for that, she has used it twice and said her feet stopped hurting right away.  My brother was getting a rash on his stomach from his belt buckle, we found an oil for that and the rash stopped bothering him.  I was nauseous one day and rubbed peppermint oil across my stomach and within minutes I felt fine.  Just today I have had strange lower abdominal pains, maybe from the raw cookie dough I ate yesterday but even if it was from that I would still eat it, and I rubbed peppermint on my stomach again and sure enough the pains are gone.


Surely this could all be a coincidence.


Oh, and this is all in the last 11 days.


Regardless what this is, we really like the diffuser and love all the smells.  We diffuse something different every day.  I will keep trying the oils, I keep waiting for something to happen to someone so I can try them.  Ok maybe I am addicted?

So there you have it, I have a kit, I like the oils, they smell good, they seem to have magical powers but I will never admit it - at least not yet!


No comments: