Sunday, December 9, 2007

Chrismtas Party Success

My first Christmas party was a success, the food was edible, the desserts were plentiful, the gift exchange game was fun and Summer did great. We took pictures with Santa, and I did some magic photo editing - I think the photo turned out awesome! I printed a 8x10 photo from Walgreen's and it now sits on the entertainment stand next to the holiday decorations.
What else happened this week, Summer has been eating great, 6 (and sometimes more) ounces. We are trying not to feed her real food, it is so hard to wait. I have decided to feed her fresh veggies and fruits when she is 6 months, my friend has a food processor I can use. My hope is that by buying fresh veggies and fruits I will eat healthier as well. Which reminds me, I still need to buy a high chair, I should look on craigs list and find one, there were so many last time I looked.
On Wednesday this past week, Summer and I went with some friends to Opportunity Village - the Magical Forest, and had a blast. We rode on the train that went around the park, and rode on the carousel, and I ate funnel cake. We also watched Becca dance (Summer's birthday buddy). Here is a photo of Becca and Summer on the train. Summer did great all night, she looked around at the lights and mostly ate her hand. She has also started, just this week, sticking out her tongue - all the time! I will be glad when this phase passes, it isn't very pleasant to look at and the drool continues regardless if the tongue is in or out. Still no teeth so who knows if she is close.
Oh and Summer has really started sleeping all night, usually from 9 pm to 5 am, and she still goes back to sleep after she eats. This morning she slept until 8:40 am and it was so nice to sleep in.
Well I should go and bake some cookies to take to work tomorrow, but I will probably play with photo editing instead ... more updates later.

No comments: