Sunday, February 17, 2008

Booster Seat

Yesterday was a great day, Kris surprised Summer and I with a photo shoot! The weather was nice so we went outside and snapped about 100 photos. We ended up getting some great shots of mommy and baby, I was very happy. Since I was dressed up we decided to go shopping at best buy and then go get some dinner. We did not know what we wanted to eat, so we went in search of a new place and found one, a restaurant called Roadrunner. It had a very neat atmosphere and served Texas style BBQ type food. Kris had the rib eye and I had the best chicken fry steak I had ever had. Summer was with us, of course, and we sat in a rounded booth. The waitress brought us a booster chair, and Summer sat in that chair like a big girl! She had no problem staying in it or sitting up, I was really proud of her. She didn't have normal solids last night since we were out so late, so I let her try some of my mashed potatoes, and her reaction was an extremely disgusting ugly face, apparently she didn't like the seasoning they used. Today was another beautiful day so we laid a blanket out back and sat out in the sun. Summer will touch the grass but luckily doesn't try to put it in her mouth. She mostly kept looking at me and smiling, I think the fresh air did us both some good. When we came back in I knew she was tired and so was I so I laid her in the crib and laid on the bed. It was quiet so she fell asleep right away, but when I got up to go pee 20 minutes later she was wide awake, just looking at me. I put her on the bed and turned on the television and not 20 minutes later she fell back asleep, I knew she was tired. She slept for a good 40 minutes, and yet I did not take advantage of the nap opportunity! She woke up with the cutest sleep indents all over her face and on her nose, and I just started laughing at her, which made her smile. She is such a great baby. Her new cute thing this week is ... hard to describe, daddy will gently smack on her chin to make her mouth chatter and she makes this sound that sounds all weird. Maybe you can picture it, it really isn't very weird, just hard to explain.

No comments: