Sunday, February 24, 2008

Busy Saturday

Yesterday was an adventure in mommyhood. I am part of two different Las Vegas mommy groups, and they both had events yesterday, the park from 11:00-1:00 and a BBQ from 1:00-3:00, and I did both. Casey and Ananstatia went with us for our fun packed day. We got to the park around 12, it was not the best day to go to the park, the temperature was around 60 but it was cloudy at time and very cool. I was still able to get some great park pictures of us. Next we went all the way across town to another Mommy's BBQ. This mommy had a 1 and 5 year old, and luckily we stayed in the house, so Summer and Ana had a lot of toys to keep them occupied. The food was good and everyone was really nice. The 5 year old bent down on her tummy and went to give Summer a kiss, she puckered up her lips, and Summer was on her tummy and scooted forward with her mouth open, she kissed the little girl! She hasn't even kissed me yet little stinker. So now you can imagine what we have been practicing ...We ended up getting home around 4:30 and I was so tired. We jumped into the bath together, Summer is so cute in the bath, then Summer and I took a 30 minute nap and relaxed. By 8:30 we were both in bed and I am still recovering today. Overall Summer did great, she was happy all day, never cried, slept every time we got in the car, and drank all her bottle.
She is really starting to get up on her hands and knees more and bounce. Kris said she crawled for about two steps, but I didn't see it so I won't make it official until she crawls for me. She is definitely moving all over the floor, it takes her no time at all to get from one side of the room to the other.

No comments: