Monday, February 11, 2008

Toes

This weekend was really a great weekend. On Saturday some friends were in town so we hit the strip for lunch. This was the first time Summer was in a restaurant high chair and she did great, she had so much fun sitting up, of course we could not put anything in her arms reach because she has become a little grabby monster, but overall she was the perfect child and never made a noise. I think our friends were really surprised at how well she was. I gave her a bite of the beans, it was Mexican food and that was all she could really eat, and she liked it I guess. I almost gave her a lime to suck on but it was from Kris's margarita so I didn't think the alcohol would be good for her. Afterwards we went grocery shopping and I finally got to use the shopping cart cover, and this was the first time Summer rode in the basket. She had so much fun, she mostly sucked on the straps (I think the straps are for toys). I need to find instructions because I wasn't sure how to tie the cover down, but it worked and Summer sat fine during the whole shopping trip, she never made a sound. Then on Sunday I went and got our taxes done and YAY we are getting money back. I figured we would but who really knows until you actually go. After getting the taxes done I stopped by Target and bought 4 packages of the stage 4 avent nipples, and Summer had no problem transitioning to the faster flow, I also bought a new big girl car seat. I was trying to buy the Evenflo Triumph but it was sold out everywhere so I ended up getting the Evenflo Titan. It sure looks so much bigger than the infant car seat. Summer hasn't really done anything new this past week, she did not like carrots I made but I am going to try again, I found a better steamer and I need to puree them a little better. She is still swatting your hands away when you go to wipe her face or wipe her nose, little miss personality already. She is sleeping great, 9 pm to 5 or 6 am, waking maybe once for a pacifier, and I think she would probably go back to sleep on her own if I wasn't such a light sleeper. She hasn't progressed any in the crawling department, so I give it another month or two. She still bounces some when she gets up on her knees, but she really isn't getting up on her knees much. She is doing a great job of scooting around, so she is learning how to move. Oh have I ever mentioned her toes? So far she has managed to create toe holes in three or four of her footie outfits, she some how digs with her toes and ends up with a toe, usually the big one, sticking out. This is really annoying, but luckily we received another large box of clothes from MIL this weekend and it had some sleepers with the extra foot padding.

No comments: