Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Happy Easter everyone! Another great weekend is almost over, great, very great, Summer slept in until 8 each morning, and was in a great mood all weekend. On Saturday we met Casey and Ana and headed to the park to meet other mommies for Easter weekend. All the kids had a blast, they hunted eggs and did egg races, it was fun to watch. There were a lot of babies at the park this time, at least 10 of us sat out on the grass on blankets watching our little ones try to play with each other while they ate everything they weren't suppose to put in their mouth. It is always nice getting together with other mommies and babies to compare notes and see how different each baby is, I look forward to these days. After the park Casey and I hit up a Mexican restaurant, we were both starving and exhausted. Unlike me, I didn't take very many pictures at the park, but we still had a fun day, the weather was beautiful. This picture is Summer, Ana and two other little girls, one was 12 months the other was 10.
Earlier today Cliff and I took Summer to church. It was a special Easter service and the choir sang a lot of songs. Summer enjoyed the music and was overall quiet. She did talk 2 or 3 times and ended up getting a nice loud case of the hiccups, but that is to be expected during church. This is a photo of Summer and I before church, all dressed up and ready to go.
This week Summer has really started pulling her self up and for a brief moment, standing. I don't think she is ready to start walking, she needs to work on crawling some more, but she loves to stand up, and if she can do it on her own, it makes her really happy. We sat outside a lot this week, the weather has been beautiful, and Summer loves to much on leaves. Of course I try to take them all away from her but I bet she slipped in some fiber when I wasn't looking. We tried frozen mangos earlier today and she loved those, has the stains all over her collar to prove it. I am making stew in the crock pot right now and for dinner I want to give her some of the veggies (green beans and carrots) and see how she does, they are really mushy so she should do good. Kris and I think Summer is starting to talk and repeat what we say. I think she is saying Baby or A B C and Kris thinks she might be saying Paci, she has really started speaking a lot more this week and it seems to be clearer and actually sounds like words. She was grumpy one day last week while I was at work and Kris called me and she was wining "mama" and I wanted to come home so bad, she is so sweet when she talks. Right now Summer is on the floor crawling all around my desk. Earlier this week Cliff saw how good she was crawling and we had to go to Lowes so he could buy a gate for the upstairs, and I am glad, she is really all over the place right now, in fact I don't think that plant stand is safe anymore ... where am I going to put it. Till next week!

No comments: