Monday, September 29, 2008

Almost October

This weekend we were really busy. I was in and out of the car 4 times on Saturday, and 2 times on Sunday, and Summer was with me all but one of those times. It is a good thing gas prices are going down (I got it for $3.44 yesterday) because I was a driving fool this weekend. Saturday morning we had dance, it was fun, Summer did fine. Then I went and got Kris and I Panda for lunch (I hate Panda, remind me next time to not eat there, nasty food), then Summer and I went grocery shopping, then Kris, Summer and I went out to eat with the Springston's and the Ross's. We had important business to discuss, the upcoming Haunted House Halloween Party. On Sunday Summer and I went to the Springston's Church and later in the afternoon we met the Springston's at a Halloween store and looked at costumes and everything else they had. Summer was not scared of the scary things in the store but she did look a bit concerned or confused. I think I know what I am going to be, but we will see, it may change.
Last Thursday Summer had a fever, really her first non shot fever. It was only up around 100 and only lasted a day or two. She seemed ok, just a little run down. By the weekend she was back to herself, but too bad daddy seems to have caught it and it isn't being as nice to him, I think this is day 3 or 4 and he still feels bad.
I took another video of Summer yesterday - pointing out her hair, eyes, mouth, nose, feet and hands. I forgot to do where is her teeth, she knows that one too.
I am really skipping around here, last night I went to give Summer a bath, and when I was taking off her pants she was standing up and I slid both legs down, which made her unstable and she slipped, spun around, and hit the side of her head on the side of the bathtub. I felt so bad, and she really cried. I held her in my arms and rocked her back and forth saying I was so sorry, I am so sorry. She was better in a few minutes but she had a nice purple bruise right above her eye. Today it did look better but I still feel bad. I know she still loves me because she gave me several kisses when I left this morning and even cried when I had to go to work, and cried hard. I miss her already, Monday's are always the pits for leaving.

No comments: