Monday, September 15, 2008

Blew me a kiss

Today is Monday again, and like every Monday morning leaving my baby is hard, harder on Monday than any other day. This morning daddy walked Summer to the garage to watch me pull away. I blew Summer a kiss and she kissed her hand back. Several times. It was so precious, but very emotional. It didn't help that an emotional country song was playing on the radio. Summer is such a great loving easy going baby, how could I not hate to leave each day? We had another great weekend, on Saturday we went and visited with Ana and Casey and the four of us went to the park. The girls had fun, the park had a cool tunnel with a lot of static. We took some good pictures. Then Summer and I ran errands, I had to pick up some more books because I am addicted to the Twilight series. The book store is across from Grandpa's job so we stopped in and saw him. Actually we went in so he could show Summer off to everyone there. Summer was giving people "fives" and of course they all thought she is so precious. I almost forgot about our early morning walk, well not real early, around 9:00 am, and actually already too late in the day to be considered cool, but Summer, I, and the dogs walked around the block. You can tell the weather is trying to cool, or that people in Vegas are ready for the weather to cool down because in that short walk around the block we stopped at two garage sales. One had nothing much, the other one was in the back yard and I saw baby clothes. Imagine how fun it was trying to push a baby stroller into the grass with two dogs on the other hand - exactly, not much fun at all, but I spotted a Little Tyke slide that was not for sale. I asked the lady if she wanted to sale it, it didn't look like it was getting used, it was dirty and had spiderwebs on it, and she said to make her an offer. I was at a garage sale, I had no clue how much these climber/slide combos go for, so I said $15. She said she had paid over $100 and she would sell it for $25. I told her I would be back for it. Even thought it was a house right around the corner, this thing was HUGE, it did not fit in the back of my SUV, so I used jumper cables to keep it in the back as best I could and managed to make it around the corner without dropping it. I washed it off and got it all pretty looking, it was definitely worth the $25, Summer will be able to use it for quite a few years. She has mastered the slide already, she knows how to sit and scoot forward and slide, which is so cute, I just love her so much!
Sunday we went shopping, just us girls, we went to Ross, Summer was such a good sport, allowing me three dressing room trips to find some new shirts. Then we went to Wal-Mart for groceries. I also found a pair of shoes and a Halloween outfit for Summer. Not a costume, just a cute orange and black outfit. It was a great weekend together, as usual. The weekends just keep getting better and better.

No comments: