Monday, September 22, 2008

Funny Sounds

Summer is cute. It seems like people are always telling me how cute she is. I took her to dance class on Saturday and it was and wasn't what I expected, but I want to take her back. The class was not about dancing to fast music, more about following the instructor and doing certain movements and steps, which is probably better for Summer anyway, the whole hand/eye/feet/body coordination. I signed Summer up so we will be at dance classes each Saturday morning. The best part about the class was the interaction with other kids and people. Of course Summer was the youngest student at 14 months, the other two little girls in the class were 2, but I think Summer did as well if not better. Summer didn't really notice the little girls, she was more interested in the instructors daughter who was probably 8 or 9. Summer loves girls. Anyway all the people from the school kept saying how cute she was, the instructor, the instructors daughter, another mother, another little girl. Is she really as cute as I think she is?
On Sunday we went to a park a little further from home, but a park we will definately go to again in the near future. This park was awesome - it has a gravel pit, a small play area, a larger play area, a water area and a duck pond, plus it even had swings and security, what more could you ask for in a park? While we were waiting for some moms to show up this dad and his daughter were walking to their truck to get a drink. We were sitting right by the parking lot and the dad's truck was facing out, so the gate was down and he had a large cooler of something drinkable. Summer walked over to them because of the little girl, who was the same height as Summer so I am guessing a few more months older. The dad asked if Summer could also have a drink, I said "no, that's ok she is fine, plus she can't drink out of a cup yet" but he got her a drink anyway and held it for her. I assumed the liquid in the large yellow cooler was water, but after changing her shirt because she had several glasses full and had spilt a bit over herself, I realized that it might have been some sort of punch or juice. He was Mexican and I know they drink flavored juices or something, which is fine, just funny how Summer immediately levitates to anyone with food or drink. She had a lot of whatever it was in the jug. The entire family eventually walked over to the dad and the small daughter, I bet there was about 5 girls and they were all cute. At least they all had some of the liquid too. The rest of the park was fun, there were 4 moms all together and we walked around, let the kids play, and after 2 hours headed home. Summer skipped her afternoon nap to go to the park, she was really tired when we finished and fell asleep in the car before we got home. She went to bed early too. Around 5:30 this morning we could hear Summer on the monitor whining, having a bad dream. I went upstairs and got her and put her in our bed so I could hold her and tickle her side to help her out of her sad dream, it worked, she slept better after that and woke up around 6:30 like normal. It was nice having her lay on me while we slept another hour, she is so cuddly and soft and warm. I still love her to pieces. During the dance class right when we started I was so happy to be able to do this for her I almost started crying. I am such a baby now!
The good news - I took new video this weekend. Look at my youTube Baby Love and Animal Sounds are the new ones, enjoy!

No comments: