Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random Things

Last night we were fast in bed when Summer started very quietly crying/whining. We could hear it through the monitor and Daddy flew up into a sitting position listening. I said to Kris, "what is a matter" to which he replied, "Summer might be stuck or need her pacifer" or something like that. She ended up whining for a good 5 seconds before falling fast asleep. What a great daddy to be so concerned about his baby, he did check the monitor and she was not stuck through the bars, she was happily somewhere in the middle where she should be.
Last week was difficult, I went to Hawaii for three days. When I returned home on Friday night around midnight, I found Summer and Daddy fast asleep. I missed my baby, so I kept her in our bed. She normally sleeps facing the same way we are, but sometime during the night she manages to wiggle herself sideways. I am glad we have a king size bed, but being head butted in the side made for a sleepless night. Summer woke up around 6:30 like normal, and I was a zombie the rest of the day. We had a grown up play date with some friends. This was the first time we had ventured to their house, and we quickly discovered the house to be very unbaby safe, there was glass and breakable things everywhere. Luckily I was exhausted so we stayed about 2 hours and went home. On Sunday I felt much better.
Grandpa has quit smoking again. He struggles with it over and over and because of Summer really wants to quit the habit. Since he is not smoking he has to find projects to keep him busy and occupy his mind. His bad habit now it shopping, which I find hilarious. We went shopping on Sunday and he bought Summer a bouncy princess castle house. On Monday he went shopping and bought Summer her first ride-able car, it goes a whole 2 mpg! I was thinking today about the need for a helmet hmmm. The car has a push button on the handle that makes it go forward. Summer is use to pushing buttons and letting go, and she was able to push the button, jump forward, stop, push the button, jump forward, stop, it was really cute. I guess she is doing better today, Kris said she made it all the way across the floor, so it is only a matter of time before she is riding like a pro!

No comments: