Monday, November 24, 2008

Photos & Books

I took some great photos this past weekend. Summer was the perfect model, she even did some cute little poses for me. I am excited she enjoys the camera, think of all the possibilities.... but this photo from the weekend might be my favorite:

This photo was fun, Summer enjoyed sitting in the basket with her babies. She loves her babies, kisses them daily. I guess she learned it from us, we always love on her babies and give her babies kisses. Do you think if I start loving on her books and kissing them she might be more careful with the pages? Don't get me wrong, she hasn't torn that many pages, maybe 4-5, but I have taped most of them back together. Her books are mostly hard board books but we have a few real page books. I don't care if she destroys them as long as she develops a love for books, which she already has. Tonight I came home from work and after dinner - like most nights - we went up into her room to play. Our play consists of reading several books. Not because I want to - because this is what she wants to do. She loves looking at books and sitting in one of her chairs, speaking some strange language pretending to read. She also enjoys when I read to her, most of the time. Tonight she was in a great mood and we read several short books.

This is a short week, only three days (woohoo) then we can celebrate Thanksgiving. This year is more special because Summer will be able to eat most of the food, if not all of it. We had sauerkraut with dinner tonight and to my surprise Summer actually ate it! The first bite was a bit like shock, but she kept putting it in her mouth so I went with it.

We plan on putting up our Christmas Tree on Thursday and take some holiday photos. We have to do it soon so I can upload pictures and get them printed, shipped, stamped and mailed out. Kris is in charge of the arrangement this year, he has some good ideas, so hopefully we end up with a really neat photo on our cards.

No comments: