Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Back

Before the birth of my daughter I looked forward to falling Back. Gaining an hour and sleeping in and going to bed later was something to look forward too in the Fall. Now I much prefer springing forward, loosing an hour sleep and going to bed earlier. Not that Summer had any problems falling back with the rest of us, its just that I don't want to get home an hour later, even if that means I get an extra hour in the evening because it is dark earlier and this just makes me cranky and annoyed. I guess I will get used to the time change in another week but I could do without time change. Besides doing nothing but complaining this week, I should mention a few new milestones and tell you how much I love my little girl. Summer will now tell you NO with a word or three (No No No) or a shake of the head. She doesn't always mean No, sometimes she will say or motion No but really means just a second, like let me chew this bite before you try to shovel another bite into my mouth No. It could also mean the real No too of course. Summers vocabulary is expanding beyond Mom Dad Bye and No, she is also saying more complex words, such as Apple, Bounce, Bye Bye and Elmo. She is just starting to enter the period of repeating words, I remember when Buster was a baby and he would repeat whatever I said, such a great age! Physically she has started running and jumping. She loves to run from daddy when he tries to catch and tickle her. In dance class we bounce like a bunny and Summer has learned how to jump up - sorta. She does not actually go air born, more like up going up on her tippy toes or she does this little skipping action. It is really cute and when we clap at her progress she smiles and tries even harder. As amazing as she is she is already 15 months so you would think the newness would have worn away, but every day I see that face and it still amazes me, she is still so beautiful and pretty, and I tell her several times a day. "Summer you are so beautiful" or something like that. I also cannot stop telling her I love her, several times a day, "I love you" or "mommy loves Summer". It seems so many parents I meet with older children have lost some of the beauty and love that I still have, I hope I never lose it but if I do at least I have this blog as memory to how wonderful, beautiful and amazing she is. One day she is going to grow up and do something to make me mad and I might forget for a moment but hopefully it doesn't happen for a really long time.

No comments: