Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Updates

Summer's vocabulary is really starting to expand. One day she said nothing we could understand and it seemed like overnight she was making real words and small sentences. Some new things she says that I can think of are:

Want a bow?
I like it
Run
Oh Really
Pa Pa (for Grampa)
Tooth (for tooth brush)

It is so amazing they way they just start talking one day.

Cliff bought Summer several DVD's of kids singing. Last night Summer was in the bath and I started singing "If your happy and you know it"

Summer was clapping on cue, and when I would sing "then your face will surely show it" she would put her fingers on her cheeks, she was stomping on cue (as best she could sitting in a tub) and then I would say "shout amen" and she says amen - so cute! I tried to get it on video but of course by then she was not in the mood.

Summer can also count and say her ABC's !!!! Ok not really, but she can count to 2, if I start counting I will say 1 and she will say 2. We are working on 3. If I sing the ABC's and get to the letter A she will say the B and C in the sequence and when I get to W she will say X next - she just picked up on X somehow.

No comments: