Wednesday, February 24, 2010

10 Days Ago

10 days ago, on February 14th, also known as Valentine's Day, I took a bunch of photos of - guess who - Summer! I know, I am a little behind on blogging and I have no good excuses either. So, before I show you these darling photos, let's take a moment and talk a little bit about Summer, you know, my daughter who is super awesome.

Piece of cake - her new saying. I think she knows what it means. Daddy says it all the time and now she says it too. Things are a piece of cake for her.

Get out of my grill - another new saying, thanks again to daddy, who enjoys putting his face up into her face and then asking if he should get out of her grill. I asked her last night if she knew what a grill was, she said yes, then she said no. I tried to explain it to her but not really sure she completely understood.

Happy mommy sleeping in each morning, that would be me! About a week ago, and for the past few weeks randomly, Summer would wake up crying around 5:30ish. We would go all the way up the 14 stairs to get to the upper floor, ya at 5:30 those stairs are brutal, and calm her down and tell her to go back to sleep, but it didn't always work, so one night last week right before bedtime I looked into Summer's eyes and explained to her that she needed to stay asleep until she could see the sun, and once she saw the sun then it was time to get up and she could call for us. If it was still dark she just needed to go back to sleep. I really didn't expect it to work, but darn if that was that. Sometimes it just seems too easy.

Yesterday was not Summer's day, sometimes she is more sensitive than other days, which is ok, we just adjust how we act and do what we can to make the day easier. I impress myself with the amount of patience that I somehow have. I didn't always have it and I don't know where it came from but I am glad it is here, and just in time. Today is a much better day, Summer is happy and laughing, napping right now so not laughing at the moment, but she was laughing all morning. She is in a good mood and I expect it to continue.

Finally, the photos I wanted to share, you know the Valentine's Photos, the ones I should have posted like 10 days ago, here there are, she is so beautiful, enjoy!


She really does make it too easy, look at her, she is a natural! Well maybe not natural, she has had a lot of practice :o) And below is my favorite photo of the day, taken near the end of our 20 minute photo session. She wasn't that upset, and I don't even remember why she was upset, but look at how sweet she is!


I am really glad I bought that red rose clip, so worth it!

1 comment:

.Erin Cassidy said...

Aww!!! She is so cute. I love the pic of her smelling the flowers. You're right though, she looks like a natural!