Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grandpa's

I loved my pop, my mother's dad, he was the best grandpa in the whole world. He loved me, he called my his baby girl, and he had the best hugs and kisses. His birthday was February 4th and he hasn't been around to celebrate them for the past 2 years but I still think about him a lot. I remember how he looked at me and how he smelled and how much he loved football, especially those Dallas Cowboys. I cried when I saw the new Star Trek movie in the theater because I knew he would have wanted to see it too. He got to meet Summer when she was just a tiny little baby and I am so glad he did. But enough about my grandpa, I want to talk more about Summer's.

Summer has an advantage that I didn't have when I was growing up because Summer's grandpa, or as she calls him, papa, happens to live with us. Who knew how much he would love my little girl, I don't think he had a clue what hit him. Two peas in a pod, he has watched her grow up and has been able to almost single handedly stock her room full of toys. He loves to buy her things and take her to the park. She loves that he buys her things and takes her to the park. If she sees a new toy on a commercial she says "I hope papa will buy me that" - and he will if he sees it in the store. They have a very special relationship that I love to watch grow.


Grandparents are very special people, somehow they are magical. They know exactly what to say to make you feel better. I wish we lived closer to the rest of the grandparents but at least Summer has papa close to her.

1 comment:

Jessica Roya said...

I love papas and nanas too. This made me teary thinking about mine.