Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hair

I want to talk a bit about hair but first I have to tell you a story before I forget!

Do you ever watch Malcolm in the Middle? You know Reese, the bully brother, and Dewey, the younger brother? Well in the episode the other night Reese walked up to Dewey and punched him and he fell. I looked at Summer and asked her if she wanted a brother, thinking how boys were so violent. She said "yes" and after a few thoughts she said "but I don't want him to knock me down". So I asked, will you knock him down thinking she would say no, but she looked at me very seriously and said - "Yes". I wasn't expecting that answer and it cracked me up, I guess she might have a mean streak hiding in there somewhere.

Back to hair, don't you love little girls with long blonde flowing hair or is it just me? Summer has such fine whispy hair, lately I have been leaving it down and letting it just be natural. She had a clip in her hair earlier and that helps hold it back but these photos were taken after her nap and after she had eaten a few cheetos. Too bad I didn't think to wipe the cheese from around her mouth, oh well.




She has hair just like me, I think, which is really hard to fix. I brush it and it frizzes and flies all over the place. I am trying to use stuff on her hair, stuff that I use to tame my curls, or waves, and it is helping.

She is so pretty, I am so lucky. Oh and a photo tip, the evening light just cannot be outdone, morning light is so bright but early evening and afternoon light never lets me down, gives me the wonderful shine in the eyes that I crave. I try morning photos I really do but look how harsh the light is, even in the shady areas.


Still cute but just not as soft and powerful and afternoon sun.

No comments: