Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Un-Birthday

For some unknown reason I had an idea to have a birthday party at my house for kids, an un-birthday party, and invite everyone with children that I knew. Originally the party was suppose to be on April 1st but since the weather was going to be crappy I decided to have it two days earlier, on Tuesday March 30th. I planned several games, made cupcakes and planned on boiling hotdogs to eat. 14 children showed up and their parents, it ended up being a great party for the kids, and I can prove it with a few pictures.

We started the party with the episode from Alice in Wonderland, and then all the kids had a gift to open. Each kid got two puzzle pieces and they had to work together to put a 28 piece puzzle together. Luckily one of the kids was 9 and he helped get it together.


After that we played some games, like musical chairs. All the kids loved musical chairs, they all got the basic idea. I didn't play down to 1 chair, I just let the kids keep finding chairs and sitting, I didn't want anyone to lose.


Next we gave everyone a cupcake with a candle, sang Happy Birthday to everyone and let them blow out the candles.


It was really cute to watch, they went outside to eat their cupcakes. After cupcakes and a bit backwards, we had hot dogs outside. Even after eating cupcakes first they still ate their hot dogs just fine.


Once we finished eating we went back inside for more games. We tried a couple bean bag games, we tried stick the sticker on the paper, and we tried to pop balloons with our butts. That was hilarious and not as easy as you would think, in fact Summer and several of the kids could not pop the balloons so we had them go outside in the grass.


After we popped the balloons we opened gifts. I had each child bring a used wrapped toy and we traded. I think all of the kids got something fun and it made it just like a real birthday party. I even had all the moms bring a goody toy for the goody bags I had and everyone got to take one home.

I don't know why I wanted to have a fun party like this, mostly for Summer, she loves having kids over and plays so nice with everyone. She kept up with all the kids, mostly the girls, and enjoyed doing whatever it was they were doing together.

The party was a success and a lot of fun. I might try to do another one again one day, for now I will wait because I have just over 3 months to plan Summer's real birthday party. I don't know what I want to do this year, pool party maybe? At least I had some practice and I know what I will be getting myself into.

Kris teased me and told me I should become a party planner. That would be a fun job - having parties all the time. Eating yummy party food, cupcakes, cookies ... yah I better not :o)

No comments: