Saturday, April 10, 2010

Roller coaster fun!

We went to a Spring Celebration today. It had a wagon, carriage and pony rides, a farmers market, square dancing (but we didn't see them), a petting zoo, games, children's crafts and carnival rides.

They also had 3 bouncy houses and Summer enjoyed those twice. She will get in, jump two or three times, get out, smile, get back in, jump two or three times, get out, look around, smile, get back in, jump one or two times ... you get the idea.

After the bouncy house we walked to the carnival ride area. The first ride we rode took us spinning in circles in circles. Luckily I sat on the outside because the force of the spinning made us fling to the edge and Summer was parked right up against me. The ride lasted forever, unlike rides you actually pay for and Summer enjoyed it. I was having issues trying to keep my head up but Summer was able to rest her head against me.

Next we rode a dragon spinning thing. April & Noah joined us and that was a lot of fun, well until I dropped my purse causing the bag of pretzels to spill all over the floor, all while we were spinning, but we still had fun.


Next we stood in line for the roller coaster! Rachel, Carissa & Bradley joined us for this ride. I could tell small children were riding this ride alone and luckily Summer and Carissa were able to do this one by their self! Not that I didn't want to ride with her but I can't take pictures if I am riding now can I? Anyway they did just fine, they even put an arm up a few times.






After the fun rides we checked out the petting zoo. It had a sheep with two babies that were hiding behind its mother, a baby cow, some goats with babies, and seems like something else. Summer normally is shy when it comes to touching animals but not today, she went right up to all of the animals and "petted" them. I didn't get any good pictures because it was close but can you guess what this animal is?


It was nice outside, a little windy and quite warm, so next we stood in a line to get drinks. Noah and Summer made the most out of waiting in line, aren't they just so cute?



After we drank our water we hit the bathroom and headed to the bouncy house one more time, Summer went in and out at least 3 times during her jump time. Then it was time to go home and take a nap. Summer fell asleep in less than 5 minutes once we got in the car. It was a great fun action packed day.

No comments: