Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween Events

We have been super busy with Halloween events. On Friday night I helped watch a friends 4 kids while she manned a photo booth at an elementary school fair. For over 3 hours I held her 1 year old boy while trying to keep an eye on her other three kids, plus mine, in the midst of people and kids running around enjoying the event. It was a lot of fun, the kids all got to play a few games and win a cake or two (or three). We got home around 8:00 pm and I was in bed by 8:30. My arm is still trying to recover :o) Luckily I didn't have to spend any money at that event.

On Saturday Kris and I took Summer to the local pumpkin patch, which is really just a bunch of hay bales, some pumpkins and some costly games. I wish we lived in the country and could go see a real pumpkin patch but wishes are for ... well I don't know what but lol, anyway it was ok, we ended up spending $20 for a pack of tickets. It was ok, there wasn't any good places to take pictures, and Summer wasn't in the mood anyway I guess.

This slide was huge, like 2 stories. The sign said it was for kids 5 and up but the guy just let her go before we realized. She had no trouble climbing it and was up and down the slide before I could go around and take a picture. Unfortunately she ended up with a nasty side burn from the plastic on her rib area. It was a bummer, she had fun up until that point.


Summer enjoyed this ride, it went around and we could also spin it but when I started to spin it she asked me to stop, she said she was getting scared, which was just as well because it was really hard to turn, probably because I was heavy lol.


The only decent yet still sucky area for photos.


This was a nice slide, Summer had trouble climbing up but she ended going up twice and had fun on it, no horrible side burns.


All in all we spent $20 bucks at this place and didn't end up getting a very expensive pumpkin. Figures.

Later, after nap, I took Summer to another Halloween event in Henderson at the museum. It was for kids 12 and under and ended up being very nice. It was a bit cold so I am glad I dressed Summer a bit warmer than I normally would, it is finally starting to get cold here. They had a lot of carnival type games and regardless if you actually won or not you still got a non candy prize, which was actually a nice surprise. It cost us $3 each to get in and $7 to play all the games. The $3 entry fee included trick or treating to 10 different houses.

Summer played all but maybe 3 of the games, she really enjoyed all of them and luckily the lines were very minimal. They had a spooky maze with people wearing masks hiding in the corners, when Summer saw the first person she waved to them and they waved back so I guess she figured they were nice and wasn't scared, it was cute.



Here she is after we trick or treated around the small house area showing me all the candy she got. She was really impressed with the whole ordeal, but then again, who wouldn't enjoy getting candy?


We also went through a haunted restaurant, well it was suppose to be haunted, I guess Summer was hungry because she was willing to eat the food with the insects on them.


After we finished going through the restaurant, that was also a train car, we headed over to the food stand and ordered two horrible hot dogs, a bag of chips and some water. Neither of us ate the hot dog, and since it was late and getting cold we decided to head home.

Once home I felt so guilty about all the crappy food we had been eating that I made us a bag of veggies to share. We are a few bites together while we went through the toys and candy in her bucket.


Here is the slide burn from earlier in the day. I have no clue how in the world it happened but it sucked. She keeps saying it is getting better, but makes sure we don't touch it.


We have another event on Wednesday, the ranch we go to every year, and then a costume party on Friday and Saturday, and of course trick-or-treating on Sunday. By the end of next week we will have had all we can take, or at least I will. Not to mention enough candy to last the rest of the year! At least we are having fun, I even got my old costume out to wear on Friday so be on the lookout for pictures!

No comments: