Thursday, October 28, 2010

McKee Family Ranch Pumpkin Patch

For the past three years we have visited the McKee Family Pumpkin Ranch. We usually go with friends but this year we just went as a family. In fact we have been so busy this was the only day we could go - we almost missed it because it is so darn cold outside already, but we sucked it up, at least I did, we brought jackets and ended up having a nice time.

If at any time you want to compare our 2010 visit to last year, here is my October 2009 post. It doesn't look like I had a post for 2008, oh well, just close your eyes and imagine how it went.

Back to the now, we got to the ranch about 5:00 pm. It was light out but not very, it is sure getting dark earlier.

The $20 entry fee includes access to the entire area, the mountain of hay, a hay ride, pictures, and a pumpkin. The pumpkin she is touching is the pumpkin we took home. I love it, it is so neat looking, I can't wait to design something on it - when we find time!


Summer didn't really enjoy climbing the mountain of hay, at least she didn't enjoy touching it, she wanted me to help her and hold her hand. She got hay on her pants and almost had a fit, luckily we told her it was ok - my child was never raised in the country, but look how happy she is to have made it to the top!


Normally they have a pony to ride, this year you had the option to ride the pony or the big horse (either choice was an extra $5 charge) and since we have always rode we let Summer pick. At first she wanted the pony but we sorta swayed her into choosing the big horse. She was pretty happy and excited to be up there, you could tell by her very serious looking face.



The merry-go-round is always a favorite, I am glad she doesn't get motion sickness like my brother James did when he was little, she really enjoys spinning and so do I, in the center with my camera!


The next two photos are just cute poses, she got to wear her new jacket that Papa got her from some unique store, it is a really nice jacket and very colorful, she likes the hood too.



She fed a horse a carrot, sorta, she really dropped it before it could eat it but she tried, she didn't want to get eaten and I don't blame her.



All in all it was a nice time, a little cold but not that bad. We will probably go again next year, and the year after and after and after ...

No comments: