Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ouch the Pain

Clogged milk ducts can be a part of breast feeding, and infected clogged milk ducts (mastitis) can also be a part of it - at least it is a part of it for me. I am now on heavy skin antibiotics in hopes that it clears up on its own so I don't need surgery. I went to the hospital last Friday to complete of all Pepper's paperwork and we saw the doctor about my clogged duct, which hurts really bad, went back Monday and had an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't an abscess, back on Wednesday to talk to the surgeon and I go back tomorrow for my 6 week follow-up. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate driving to the hospital near base? Besides being really far away the parking is insane, and I guess they are working on it but until then it sucks finding a spot.

Breastfeeding may be the natural, better choice but it sure is a lot more complicated, painful, ...

Surprisingly most of the doctors, techs, and nurses are all very supportive of breastfeeding, even the guys. When they meet us and Pepper is crying they tell me their son was the same way and their wife had the same problems, etc. I guess it comes with the territory.

Here are some photos of my little monkey, is she worth it?






No comments: