Thursday, December 22, 2011

Where are we now

I have been feeling so much better lately, well mostly. I am still on antibiotics for another week in hopes that my clogged milk duct goes away. I am not really hopeful but wishful! I decided a few days ago to start supplementing with formula and WOW what a difference. My little Pepper is a good baby after all. I know there are so many moms who are totally against formula when you have a working pair of boobs but a happy baby is really important to me, and you can ask Kris, Papa, and Summer, on formula she is a different baby. On just breast milk she never seemed happy or satisfied. She constantly cried and I was always trying to find a way to keep her happy, nursing, letting her suck to pacify her, and somehow I managed to stay sane for 7 weeks, but after the trouble with my right breast I decided to let it dry up and just nurse with the right and supplement with formula. Right now I am still nursing mostly all night on the left side and she is still sleeping wonderfully next to me, during the day I let her nurse and when she isn't completely happy I get her a bottle. I am pumping from the right side to see if it might heal up, it still has a scab on the nipple from her horrible latch in the beginning. Well I also don't think she latches on that side correctly, maybe because of the engorged clog on the side or the sore on the nipple, whatever the case is I feel 1000% better now because it was really painful when she would nurse on that side. I would really like to do both, can I have my cake and eat it too? Formula during the day, nursing at night? Of course I am also using the formula that was recently recalled in the news- but I am still using samples that aren't new so hopefully they were prior to the ones with issues and hopefully the samples come back negative so other people don't have to worry. I normally use Similac too, but I had this sample sitting around.

Enough about me and my issues, here are pictures of my fabulous baby girl, happy, smiling, cute, lovely!





I need to try some pictures with Christmas lights, I need to get creative and look at some ideas!~ stay tuned.

No comments: